Wednesday 23 May 2007

Stop the nonsense!

Well, it's the end of May and we've been having glorious sunshine so far! I hope that it goes on and I'll be able to have my picnic in the sun once exams are over! Time to regenerate the brain cells using Mother Nature's recipe, fresh air and sunshine. Add a few bee stings here and there and i'll be all set!

I was online reading the Star newspaper online. Man, did my blood boil. Those narrow minded ppl are saying that women dressing provocatively are just asking to be raped. This is a touchy issue and I have no idea what these men are doing rattling the lion's cage. So does this mean that since they were acting distastely I can beat them up? After all, they were asking for it.

Basically what they're saying is, if it looks like a tortoise, dresses like a tortoise, acts like a tortoise, it MUST be a tortoise! Never mind the fact that it has a trunk, is 2 stories tall and could crush a coconut with a toe. Noooooooooooo, it had the audacity to behave like a tortoise, therefore it is asking to be treated like a tortoise and we should catch it, kill it and use it's shell to make soup.

But that's just their point, isn't it? Just because someone gives and impression of being something, suddenly all their rights are taken away! Well, I'm sorry but that doesn't happen mister! So we like dressing up nice, big deal. Granted, some show a little more flesh than others, but that's their choice. Maybe they like the fashion. But whatever the reason, the manner of dressing does NOT allow a rapist to take away the person't choice and rights as a human. Even if they were to walk around naked, no one has the 'RIGHT' to force themselves on them.

It's like giving a get-out-of-jail-free card to all rapists out there. It's not your fault, she ASKED for it! Besides, what constitutes provocative dressing anyway? As far as I'm concerned, babies in diapers don't count. So how do they account for all those cases involving little children and babies? Huh? Huh? Explain that!!!!!

And this is from the country that says good looking women don't need to work because they can find rich husbands to care for them. I've never been so ashamed of my country before. The patrotism-meter just fell to an all time low. Thank god our news never makes international headlines anyway.

Now, if only I could go wallop those big mouthed, narrow minded politicians. After all, they sound ignorant, their actions reflect ignorance.......they MUST be ignorant! Ignorant ppl don't know what's good for them and I have to set a learning example for the others. They asked for it.

1 comment:

3-Seconder said...

Woman. U need to start this blog rolling again lar. I'm bored having the same entry staring back at me whenever I visit ur site.

For starters, I've TAGGED you! Hee! Meaning, you have to complete and post an entry of 8 random facts about urself.

C'on... join back the blogosphere!