Sunday 28 October 2007

I am an idiot.

I am an idiot.

Seriously.

The powers that be gave me a chance to have a hassle free comfortable journey home to Swansea and what do i do? I avoid it.

I am an idiot.

I feel like the man in the joke who's sitting on a burning house in the flood who refuses the rescue boat and the helicopter while waiting for the divine hand to pluck him off the roof. Yup, I'm THAT stupid.

My friend was in birmingham at the same time i was and going back to Swansea on the same day i was. But since he was leaving around the same time my train was leaving and the journey time too the same, i thought i wouldn't bother him and instead be independent and take the train back.

Big mistake.

First, my train was delayed for 45 mins. Then, there was so many passengers that i had to stand for an hour and a half squashed in a corner. Then, i missed the bus and the next one was an hour away.

I ended up taking a cab home fr the train station when i finally arrived in swansea. So here i am, 10 pounds poorer and with a new found hatred for the train service in UK.

Lesson learned? Never reject a free ride again!!!! I'm off to lie down now.

No comments: