Sunday 18 March 2007

Nature's show

Hi hi! I'm in a good mood today, out of my slump of depression. Between you and me, I prefer being on this end of the spectrum. Too many deep thought the previous week. My brain is dead tired from thinking so much. Between assignments and studying, it's handled all the thinking it's capable of.

Part of the reason why I'm in such a good mood is the fact that it snowed today! Yup I'm a sucker for snow ;) I like it all pristine on the ground but when it starts to melt, I'm outta here! Yes, yes, I'm THAT kinda person. Like to play, but don't want to clean up the mess.

Nothing brings a grin to my face (and I say GRIN) other than waking up to a white world covered with a fresh blanket of snow. It just looks so pretty and magical covering everything! If you've ever sprinkled icing sugar over a muffin, you'll know what I mean. There's just something innocent and magical about snow that brings out the child in me. When it snowed last month I just had this big ol goofy grin all the way in to class.

We've been having sunshine and clear skies for the past week so today's snow was really out of place. It's been forecast for the next few days too. Sigh, time to unpack the winter coat again. It started out like a typically beautiful sunshine-y day when suddenly the clouds blew in, fog settled and it started to snow. And boy, did it snow! Haha the winds picked up and you could see the snow swirl all around. Made me glad I was indoors at the time! And after about an hour of this fierce dance of snowflakes, it all died down, the clouds blew away and the sun came out! It felt like God was saying 'Right, show's over guys, time to get on with it' and just flicked a switch. It was amazing!

So now you know why I'm so happy. Let it snow, let it snow!

No comments: