Monday 19 March 2007

Here's to you babe!

Hi there again! I'm still in a good mood, phew! My mood was made even better by the news my friend gave me. Turns out, I may be able to make it back in time for her wedding after all! Yippee! Now, if THAT didn't bring a big ol grin to my face, I don't know what will.

I've known this friend for many years now. Let's call her Sunshine. Sunshine was there when I just started working, all alone in the big bad world with no knowledge in my head whatsoever. She lent me common sense when mine deserted me and shared my burdens with me, no matter how trivial and insignificant. Later, as we went separate ways, we've remained good friends and she's always let me whine on her shoulder. Distance was not an issue.

Sunshine's getting married this year. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! And I am really glad that she's found happiness. My whining a few blogs ago might lead u to think I'm against marriage. I'm not actually. I'm just annoyed that some people think it's the Holy Grail in this world. I'm really glad Sunshine has found her Holy Grail. Sometimes, I think I'll never find it, but then, I look at Sunshine and sometimes, it just makes me believe that it just might happen to me. Her story gives me hope. But all was not rosy and the journey hasn't been smooth for her, I know. The course of true love never did run true.

I would just like to tell her that the journey might not be smooth after this as well. Things or people that made her unhappy or doubt herself in the past, will still make her unhappy or doubt herself. But I hope that she will be able to look in the mirror and see what I see, a mature (somewhat flakey) girl/woman who's heart is as big as her smile. I hope she never doubts herself or the choices she's made because I know that she'd have thought of all options and gone with the best one. Although it may not be the most popular choice, I'm confident that Sunshine will have made the right choice. That choice may have driven people away or caused rifts, but life is like that. You can't please everyone. So, just please yourself! HAHAHAHAHA!

Yes, I'm THAT confident of Sunshine and I hope that some of my confidence, will be able to push it's away the clouds of doubt and let the sun shine through.

To Sunshine, congratulations and YAM SENG!

No comments: