Thursday 8 March 2007

Waste of space

I dedicate this blog to my dearest friend, 3sm who taught me that writing letters in cyberspace is oh so therapeutic, even though they will never be read by the people they are directed to.

To my group mate Sarah, whom I had visions of clubbing like a baby seal, I give you this letter:

Dear Sarah, I wish I had the courage and b*lls to stand up and tell you what a real b***h I think you are. If you a)did not know how to do your work
b)did not want to do your work
please say so earlier and let us get on with it. Stringing us along for a week while the deadline looms over our head is not a nice thing to do. I would really like to tell you that we do not appreciate being treated like your secretary while you just sit there like a lump of earth and look bored during meetings. If there is some place else you would rather be, leave and let us feel happiness while we create a beautiful, awe-inspiring piece of work. Or else, stay and have more brain activity than an amoeba..........please.

To my colleague Matt; while I appreciate that you are from another country, your obnoxious behaviour and obvious delusion about being god's gift to womenkind is wearing thin on my nerves.

Matt,
You are obviously brimming with self confidence. The thought that
a) people do not like you
b) your comments are insulting and degradatory to me as a women and as a person of another nationality
c) your manners, while normal back home, are not acceptable to me
d) I used to think you were knowledgeable. Now, I think you're full of cr*p
have obviously never crossed your mind.

Please remember you are not in your home country but with a very wide blend of other nationalities. Being proud of your ethnicity and culture is a very good thing. I am guilty of the same thing. But please, don't force me to accept your culture when I so obviously don't want to. Allow me to retain SOME self-control over my life. Please at least acknowledge the fact that some actions may be offending to me. I try not to step on anyone's toes but you just stomp over mine. I have initially given you the benefit of the doubt and attributed the lack of manners to the cultural difference but I think it is unfair of me to assume that everyone from your country is rude. Now, I think it's just you.

Spouting phrases like, 'thank you for your smile, they inspire me to be great' or 'you inspire me to create something beautiful in this world' will not win me over. Nor will they make me think 'Golly Gee, what a great guy'.
Instead, they inspire me to stick my head in a gas oven.........just to stop the voices.


So to Sarah and Matt, please develop some respect. Respect for other people who work hard for their grade. Respect for other people who love to learn about other cultures but do have feelings of their own. Self respect for yourself. Don't let yourself down by behaving badly. I know deep down, you are good people.

But for those who are unwilling to change, you are nothing more than a lump on this earth, creating misery in other people's lives. A waste of space.

1 comment:

3-Seconder said...

We are all indecisive at some point in life, so u r definitely NOT alone ;)

Welcome to the blogosphere... Land of infinite rantings. You ARE the boss here!!

Hugz!!!